School Aims and Values incl. British Values
Our vision and values
Enstone Primary School has provided education in the community since 1875. We offer all the advantages of a traditional, friendly, community-centred village school, whilst embracing change and always seeking to adapt and evolve to meet the needs of an ever-changing world.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our Mission Statement:
Happy, Motivated, Achieving
Our Core Values:
Respect, Kindness, Responsibility, Gratitude, Teamwork, Honesty, Perseverance
Through delivery of a curriculum, which is designed to promote creativity, curiosity and a lifelong love for learning we aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that’s coherently planned and sequenced
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Have a high academic ambition for all pupils
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
Following our most recent inspection, Enstone Primary School was judged by Ofsted to be a GOOD school (July 2022).
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with statutory guidance from the Department for Education we aim to actively promote British Values to ensure young people leave our school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs